There are two main types of spray foam insulation: 1 component spray foam and 2 component spray foam. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, so choosing the right one for your needs is important.
1 component spray foam is easier to install and safer, but it lasts a little shorter than 2 component spray foam. 2 component spray foam is more expensive and can be harmful, but it will last longer than 1 component spray foam.
Here’s a more detailed look at the pros and cons of each type of spray foam insulation:
1 Component Spray Foam
- Zero off-gassing, hence safer
- Easier to install than 2 component spray foam
- Doesn’t require special equipment or training to install
- More forgiving if installed incorrectly
- Can be installed in smaller spaces
- Doesn’t last as long as 2 component spray foam
2 Component Spray Foam
- Lasts longer than 1 component spray foam
- More effective at insulating
- Can help reduce energy bills
- More expensive than 1 component spray foam
- Requires special equipment and training to install
- Installation is more complicated than 1 component spray foam
- Takes longer to install than 1 component spray foam
- Can be harmful since it has toxic off-gassing
So, which is better: 1 component spray foam or 2 component spray foam? It depends on your needs. If you need a quick, affordable, safe, and easy installation, go with 1 component spray foam. If you’re looking for something more long-lasting, go with 2 component spray foam.
Talk To Experts at Clear Efficiency for The Best Insulation Options in Sacramento
We are experts in insulation and will work with you to find the best option for your home or business. We’ll help you save money on energy bills, improve comfort, and increase the value of your property.
Because we are concerned about your health, we always recommend 1 component spray foam insulation.
Are you worried about the R-Value? We achieve that with the non-toxic loosefill fiberglass insulation from Owens Corning, Pro Pink L77 loose fill. Some of its benefits are:
- It doesn’t have any fire retardants added to it like like cellulose with ammonium sulfate and bornite
- It isn’t dusty (like cellulose),
- It comes with a lifetime guarantee against settling
Want to learn more? Give us a call if you live in Sacramento and the Surrounding 45-Mile Radius, and let’s get started!