Are you tired of your energy bills eating into your budget each month? If you’re like most people, you probably are. But, an interesting fact, one of the main culprits behind those high energy bills is your windows. Yes, your windows can be responsible for a significant portion of your home’s energy loss.
That’s why it’s so important to choose energy-efficient windows when ready to replace the ones in your home. But how do you tell which windows are truly energy efficient? Here are a few things to look for:
- Look for the ENERGY STAR label. This label is given to windows that meet strict energy efficiency guidelines the U.S. government sets. If a window has this label, you can be confident that it will help to reduce your energy bills.
- Look for windows with double or triple pane glass. This type of glass helps to insulate your home against heat loss in the winter and heat gain in the summer.
- Look for windows with low-E coatings. These coatings reflect heat into your home in the winter and keep heat out in the summer, making your home’s environment more comfortable all year long while also helping to reduce your energy bills.
- Look for windows with argon or krypton gas between the panes of glass. These gasses help further to insulate your home against heat loss and heat gain.
- Choose an experienced and reputable window installer. Proper installation is key to ensuring that your windows are truly energy efficient.
Energy efficient windows can significantly affect your home’s energy efficiency and comfort. Choosing the right windows can help reduce your energy bills and make your home more comfortable year-round. So when it’s time to replace the windows in your home, keep these things in mind. It could have a world of difference for your wallet and the environment.
Consider Choosing Bayview Windows
At Clear Efficiency, we pride ourselves on providing our customers with the most energy-efficient windows on the market.
We install Bayview Windows, which are ENERGY STAR certified and come with double or triple pane glass, low-E coatings, high ROI, and a top aesthetic appearance. Plus, we only use experienced and reputable installers to ensure that your windows are installed properly.
Contact us at 916-438-2532 if you reside in Sacramento and the Surrounding 45-Mile Radius for more information about our Bayview Windows or to schedule a free consultation. We’ll be delighted to answer any of your questions and help you choose the best windows for your home.